
To be perfectly honest. . . I don't know where to begin. Angie definitely inspired me to start doing a blog, it is such a fun way to connect with family and friends, and see what is going on in everyone's lives. Angie's having been the only blog I've ever seen, and Angie being as clever and witty as she is, all while remaining truly insightful, you could say I have a lot to live up to:) I'll do my best!
I think a good place to start is what's been going on with Patrick and I here on the "rock in the middle of the sea." Patrick has had an extremely exciting past couple of months, starting with his huge PROMOTION!!!! I was absolutely ecstatic when he told me, I have never met anyone has hard-working, kind and with much integrity as Patrick. I was so happy that Ocean Sports finally commended all his hard-work and accomplishments. So Patrick began this year as Captain Patrick, (already a wonderful title) and is now, Captain Patrick Chief Engineer of Ocean Sports! You can probably tell I am SO PROUD!! He has taken all his new responsibilities in stride, and accomplished so much in just a few short months. I am truly amazed at the new confidance, and vibrace he has achieved since taking on his new job. He has become quite the "networker" for lack of a better term, and is making some really great contacts in the Hawaii sailing world. He has also started doing some maitence work on a beautiful fishing boat that belongs to a couple of California fishermen, who are in Kona once a month to deep sea fish. I met Patrick at the local harbor the other night with a flashligt because it was getting dark and he was "restoring a generator", (where does he learn these things?) That is a nice gig, and comes with perks, including some freshly caught Mahi Mahi for dinner (yummmm!). The best part of all this is Patrick still gets to Captain the boats a few days a week, which he's truly passionate about. By the way I drive him crazy bragging about him all the time, and look I'm doing it again:) So, Patrick was this inspiration for the title of our blog.
I also changed jobs recently, and it has truly made a world of difference. I still work for the Four Seasons, but I transfered to the Bar & Grill as a bar-back and work literally 30 feet from the ocean. (It's funny because at my old job it was the same scenery, but it's like I never saw it before!) I have made some great friends at my new job, and actually look forward to coming to work (what a concept)! So now my work day consists of, make some coffee, whale watch for a bit, talk to my co-workers, whale watch a little more, make some smoothies, laugh, talk & just relax. Spoiled? Maybe. School is going okay, I am still plugging along, I don't think it helps that I change my mind about what I want to do every other day.
So basically, life's been great! Celebrating close to one year of marriage! I can't believe it! Not to be cheesy but truly it has been the best year of my life. I still get a kick out of talking to people about "my husband." I miss the whole family terribly, and I cannot wait until the next time we can all get together. I love you all! I promise they won't all be this long!

5 comments:
I hope they are all this long! I am so happy that work is better for you - and I love the generator story.
Fresh mahi mahi for dinner - I love your life!
Hey you two "on the rock in the middle of the sea" That's quite a rock, with lots of adventure and apparently looooove. I'm so happy for you both. I'm absolutely busting with pride for BOTH of you
Did Pat catch the Mahi Mahi?
I already read it twice and will read it again and again! Great to hear the inner workings of paradise. Can't wait to see you guys sometime.
I absolutely love hearing about your life, I hope i get to see you both soon. PS i am so happy that both of you are happy with your jobs, it just makes life that much better
I hope they will all be this long! I want you to know that this is the best day ever- have the chance to get a little glimpse into your lives. I am crazy about you two! em
Post a Comment