I tried unsuccessfully to stay away from "posting" as long as I could, and I'm not going to say that my wife is standing behind me pulling on my ears until I finish my first sentence, but she is. The truth of it all is that I secretly liked pleading ignorance to the fact that we even had a blog, and then reading it when she was away. This is the only real means I held of finding out what she really thinks of me, and by the looks of things she is a tremendous liar! So, completely off the subject the last few months I've been trying to figure out why I haven't been reading nearly as much as I used to. As the suspect list narrowed, the need of a sting was more or less absolutely necessary. With late hours and tedious log keeping I found that whenever I physically touch something in print Jessica's female instincts take over she recognizes, like a shark when there is blood in the water, that I'm letting down my guard, and within seconds it is TIME TO TALK. Now before I tell you anymore I want to let everyone in on a few of the combinations of things that trigger this reaction from my blood hound of a wife, and a few of the things that allow me to get in a few sentences without having to touch the words "How was your day?" Just reading obviously no, how could I be so naive. Reading with the T.V. on sometimes, if it drops below a seven on the volume dial, then no. Reading with the radio on yes, oddly enough. Reading in the the yard no, unless it is cloudy then yes. Reading while in the bathroom with the shower on, to explain while I am in there so long (all other connotation are just a little harsh for a new marriage), yes, but don't forget to wet your hair before you come out or else there will be a little explaining to do. No matter the level of intelligence a collect on my subject I still just can't figure out what is about reading that means I am ready for a conversation, I mean it isn't like I am not doing anything, but at worst I do believe it has made me a faster reader. To tell the complete truth not even a good book would keep me from one of our staring contest which are notorious for last up to three or four seconds.Just a disclaimer, The picture is for mom, this is the one we have on the wall and I never can quite explain it. Secondly I apologize for the poor grammar, mispunctuation, and all the run-ons, but a while back I was reading an author who wrote with out any of these things, and I figure if he could do that well then I could wrote how things sound as I thought of them so there. Lastly one of our favorite games is Jess tries to figure out what I'm writing just by the words that I'm shouting out that I need spelled for me, lets see how she does with this one.

7 comments:
I am all for the stream of consciousness - keep posting! (And I have always said, down with grammar and spelling - although I was just showing mom she didn't have to first type her blog in Word because there is a spelling check as part of the blog - so no one wil kno how teribel I am - phew!)
I am just loving this. Just loving it!!! I hope you keep writing- I love to read it!! and really, you still have to turn on the shower??
Pat-I just saw your link through Angie's blog-you Robinsons are very savvy, aren't you? I loved reading this but I must admit seeing the two words, 'my wife' in print and knowing it's from you threw me off for just a second. I know, of course, that you are married, but something about those two words.... Congrats again on the marriage! We hope to see you soon and get to meet Jessi.
ann 'louise'
I love this photo!
I often quote Mark Twain: "I have no respect for a man that can't spell a word more than one way."
Okay, I just absolutely love this blog and this picture. What can I say I'm in love with it all, especially reading. Don't worry Pat, Roy does the same thing to me. "oh you were reading.", Ahhh, yes! Got to love them
Post a Comment