Thursday, February 15, 2007

"Christ of the Abyss"

I am adding belatedly to this picture, because at the time I posted it I didn't know how to write on the blogger yet. Now that I have, I should tell you all that this is my most favorite photograph perhaps of all time. It makes me feel calm, peaceful & surrounded by love. The statue is called "Christ of the Abyss", and is an underwater statue located in the Florida Keys. When Pat and I get our own home the first thing I am going to do is buy an enormous framed version of this picture and put it on my wall where I'll see it all the time. I could stare at it for hours. I fist saw this photo for a split second in a slideshow somewhere, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I didn't know what it was or who the photographer was, so thank goodness for the vast internet, that helped me find it off just a vague description of what it looked like. I love it, just wanted to share.

8 comments:

angie said...

what an awesome pic!

catherine said...

Finding light and truth and love!!!!

Roy said...

where? who? how? love it

angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angie said...

i love it even more now - and somehow i just delted this very same comment. sorry, that was me!

Abbie said...

Oh my Jessica i can totally understand falling so deeply in love with a piece of art work.

Roy said...

I googled and found where it is! It's not too deep, I bet I could make it down freediving. Love your taste in beauty!

For now said...

I was watching the travel channel with the kids I babysit- and this was on a commercial! I felt so cultured having seen already!