Friday, March 23, 2007

Money to burn















March into April is the craziest time of year here at Ocean Sports and as the seventy-five hour work weeks string together I find myself less capable of intelligent thought, and my subconscious tends to take over. Now this is where weird things really start to happen. When we are all shopping, without knowing it we are all drawn to a certain aisle, and I'm not talking about the tool aisle where I've been scoping out the newest set of wrenches that I am going to buy as soon as Jess forgets about the set I just bought three days ago, but the aisle where our inner thoughts pull us there because something almost primal tells us that to achieve a better standard of living we need those very things. Well long story short after a two and a half hour shopping trip, where I was planning to provide a sustenance for the next few weeks, I came home with only two things, and as I went to place those items in there decided spot of convenience, I found that we already had seven different boxes of band aids. Water proof, especially for knuckles, spider man, skin colored, big ones, small ones, even ones with pre-applied first aid cream. What does it say about me, that when everything else fails I go for the first aid aisle, and what does it say about all of you!!

4 comments:

angie said...

You may have spider man - but do you have Cars, Scooby-Doo, matchbox, or Curious George ones? Ok, ok, I guess I have an excuse - and its not that I'm prepared or safety oriented - because the truth is if I was coming home from the store with one thing, it would be Mint Milano's

catherine said...

I've shopped so many times when I'm exhausted and mind numb and I'm there for milk or bread, you know, staples and I come home with a new plastic box to store things in. Roy always smiles and exclaims, "Oh, another box, just what we needed!" I have no idea what this says about me.

Abbie said...

Ok i know this has nothing to do with your blog, which is hilarious, but i just wanted to express my sheer joy about seeing you in May!!! oh and ive gotten alex to buy a plane ticket out for the wedding to, im so excited for all the games...so many games. Pat prepare yourself

Roy said...

Love the ocean sport photos! I love and hate to shop. If it is a tough trip, I always reward myself for completing the list with ........CHOCOLATE.