
Okay, firstly Angie I am so sorry for stealing ideas for our blog from you, but I was laughing out loud when I read about James's soccer coach! Then I thought about this shirt that we bought for our friend's baby Atticus (isn't it the cutest?), then my thoughts turned to Bob Marley (as they often do for some strange reason), then I thought about a game that I was playing at work a few days ago entitled "What's Your Theme Song", invented by yours truly (yes, I was playing games at work again). So the game consists of each person to think of a theme song that represents them best. Then as a group, we think of a song for each person, but they can't know what it is until they tell us what their own song is. It is a really, interesting way to find out about people's self-awareness, and learn what people think about you in a subtle, fun way. Yes it can be dangerous. . . but always interesting. It's also been more thought provoking than originally intended, because almost a week later, I am the only one to have chosen a theme song, although as a group we have chosen songs for a few of our friends, although some people are proving tricky. So, the gist? (is that how you spell that? it looks horribly wrong but I can't think of another way.), well the gist is my theme song happens to be a Bob Marley song, "Could You Be Loved". Not necesarily because of the words, but because when I hear it I can't help myself from feeling uterly overjoyed, purely free, and I just dance without even thinking if anyone could be watching. It's not the kind of dancing that you practice, and I'd probably be horrified if I say myself in a mirror, but it's just so free, like when you are really little and you haven't developed a sense of embarassment, and you just let all your limbs go in every direction. It also makes me feel like singing, at the top of my lungs, (this is to Pat's delight because we all know that I can't sing and I can't sing to such an extent that even my mom will admit that I can't sing. . . so you get the picture, it's pretty horrific). That's what that song does for me, so, it's my theme song. You all must listen to it if you haven't heard it, I know it'll have a similar effect on most. So it got me thinking, what's your theme song? Patrick claims he doesn't have one, but I know there's one lurking somewhere.
So that's how my thoughts turned from James's first soccer practice to Bob Marley, and now I'm back, isn't that funny?
P.S. 24 Days in the famous words of Yazan Jubran "Get Hyped"

9 comments:
I love this shirt - so cute! And as for my theme song - I don't know...but good question - I'll be back. Jess, what do you think Pat's is?
What a fun, deep game! I think that I could choose other's theme songs easier than I could my own.
I am hyped!
Cannot wait to see you!
What a great blog! I wish soooo much that I could see you that free and happy, I would just grin till my cheeks hurt. I even got that same feeling you talk about, just reading your explanation. I know exactly how that feels. I'm going to have to think hard and long about 1: what brings out that emotion in me, and, 2: what is my theme song - (I love that idea)
this is ben
Ben is on the blog!!!!!!
First of all- I notice that no one helped give any answers to the questions on your blog.
it is so hard to narrow it down to just one-
I just asked Chase the question and he said - Truck - and here are the lyrics to his theme song...(to the tune of have you ever seen a lassie) Did you ever drive a dump truck, a dump truck, a dump truck? Did you ever drive a dump truck and go through the town. Look this way see red lights. Look that way see green lights. Did you ever drive a dump truck and go through the town.
Ok, I think I have it..."Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall - I feel like I am surrounded by people who make me stop and think - I want to be like that - and its the collective goodness I've witnessed and benefitted from that - I feel like the more you get to know anyone they are truly "beautiful" - besides, I can't help but dance and feel alive when I hear it!
today its "defying gravity" a song from the musical Wicked!
at school yesterday one of james friends showed up in the shirt - you can only imagine how excited i was!
Post a Comment