Thursday, April 12, 2007

Oh Happy Day


Yes folks, the rumors are true . . . The braces are off! He's free free free! I can barely contain my excitement (which dwarfs Pat's excitement might I add). I bet Pat's not feeling nearly as nerdy when talking about his "Damon 3's", since they are off and he has straight teeth in a little over a year. (Okay a year and a half if we're being honest) But I think that's amazing! The Damon 3's worked their orthodontic magic and it was relatively pain free (which I know was not the case for Ben's braces seeing as we asked him how he felt after getting them put on and he said "it feels like someone kicked me in the face"). What a glorious day for Patrick, no more metal-mouth jokes, no more being embarassed because he "looks like a kid", no more comments from loud-mouth passengers on the boat saying "son, are you sure you're old enough to drive this boat?" And get this, the kicker is that Pat's braces removal came with a complimentary bottle of celebration Martinellies Apple Cider, complete with gift wrapping and decorative ribbons, and balloons (which Pat failed to mention until just now as he's reading this before posting). And not everyone gets balloons, he's "made some friends" at Dr. Yim's. Unfortunately he has yet to let me capture the "new" pat on film, so I guess you will have to settle for a picture of the apple cider. A lame second I know, but let Pat know your disappointment, and maybe together we can change his mind.

6 comments:

angie said...

C'mon, Pat, show us those pearly whites...

catherine said...

Congrats!!!!! Hey good lookin what you got cookin.....come on be a sport show us your smile.!!
How neat that the staff gave you balloons and martinellis, you are such the charmer when you want to be...so...want to be and take a picture:)

Roy said...

Patrick James...again I am so proud of you and happy for you! Do let Jess get some more photo's...you know there are never enough.

Love you!

For now said...

yeah!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see you guys!

Ann said...

so excited for you, Pat! Congrats! getting braces off is a HUGE achievement! and only a year and a half?!?! Mine were on for about 4 years!

Ann said...

hey Pat this is actually Ty I'm stealing Ann's name - My favorite part about getting braces off is the new slimy feeling you get after there off. It so good to see pictures of you guys - cant wait to see you guys again I hope it's sooner than later.